NewStream Farm Animal Care, Volume 3, Edition 8
Four to watch
Posted: November 26, 2015
Top 10 round-up
Here are a few more key points emphasized during the forum:
- If you wait for a crisis to make change, you're too late. You have to get out in front of it.
- Expect crisis. You could be a producer that is doing 100 percent of things right 100 percent of the time and if they want to make you look bad, they will.
- Do whatever you can to bulletproof your brand.
- It's not enough to be honest. Stay true to your values.
- Lessons from the forestry sector have relevance for agriculture.
- When a reporter says "Is it possible thatů?" you are being set up.
- Be open, honest and frank (but not na´ve).
- Let science be your friend. But don't forget the heart.
- Bringing together stakeholders to work cooperatively is a good strategy.
- Preparation and coordination are key to managing high-profile crisis.
And that's not all . . . a few more 'bonus' points:
- Relationships are key: Start building them before crisis occurs
- Build relationships with stakeholders. Work together and respond quickly when crisis hits.
- Have a proactive mindset.
- Any communications strategy will fail without already having sound, acceptable practices in place. You need that foundation.